- EEO optical products support multiple platforms
- Supporting intelligence, reconnaissance and surveillance (ISR) requirements
- Optical hardware proven in harsh environments
- Optical hardware proven in marine environments
- EEO supports EO/IR sensor systems
- II-VI/EEO Division Announces LightWorks Optics, Inc. has been acquired by II-IV Incorporated
- Exotic Electro-Optics Announces MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) Measurement Capability
- Exotic Electro-Optics Announces ISO-13485:2003 Medical Device Registration
- EEO Owl-IR F-1 LWIR Objectives
- Transparent Conductive Oxide Coatings (TCO)
- Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) Test Services
- Forbes Asphere DT Capability
- Scooping of Hemispherical Domes
- EEO Owl-IR F-2 MWIR Objectives
- SPIE Photonics West 2013, February 2-7, 2013 at the Moscone Center San Francisco in San Francisco, CA.
New Products and Capabilities
Tradition of Excellence
Exotic Electro-Optics, Inc., (EEO), is a leading supplier of state-of-the-art infrared optics, coatings and assemblies for aerospace, defense, and commercial markets. We are vertically integrated from core manufacturing technologies (crystal growth, optical fabrication, and thin film coating production) to complex assemblies. Our products are key components used in infrared military fire control, missile seeker, reconnaissance, navigation, surveillance, and thermal imaging systems.
The demand for higher performance infrared systems continues to increase. To meet this demand, we employ a committed and highly skilled workforce focused on meeting customer requirements in a culture of continuous improvement. Additionally, we focus capitalization on advanced manufacturing equipment and related infrastructure. Through the combination of a skilled workforce and reliable equipment, deterministic manufacturing processes have been developed to ensure quality products are delivered on time.
Exotic Electro Optics, Inc., (EEO), a subsidiary of II-VI, Inc. is located in Murrieta, California. EEO designs, fabricates, and delivers optics, windows, thin film coatings, and electro-optical assemblies to US Defense Agencies and OEM’s. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV’s. EEO has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and subsystems.
Since its establishment in 1961, EEO has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
EEO’s contributions begin during a program's conceptual and production design phases. Engineering and pre-production models are developed during these phases with a focus on product performance and cost effectiveness. Through the life of the program, EEO's comprehensive capabilities provide full control over product quality, cost and schedule.
1961 Exotic Materials, Inc. founded by Wally Loucks, providing silicon material for defense applications
1971 II-VI, Inc. founded by Dr. Carl Johnson and James Hawkey with focus on providing optical grade CdTe to market place
1972 Exotic grows and fabricates silicon domes for the Falcon Missile
1998 Exotic Electro-Optics acquired by Laser Power Optics
2000 Laser Power Optics / Exotic Electro-Optics acquired by II-VI, Inc.
2001 Exotic Electro-Optics introduces Sapphire product line